This naturally leads to rivalries. We like to think we’re far superior to Oklahoma whose college football teams recruit the best players from Texas.
I’ve lived in north and south Texas, and it’s funny to see both perspectives of the rivalry. When it comes to sports, Houstonians think there’s a bigger rivalry with Dallas than Dallas citizens think there is.
Texas rivalry goes beyond sports, and into the electricity field.
In 2001, Texas became a deregulated state which means Texans throughout the state have the option of choosing the best electricity rates and providers.
However, because of the deregulation, there are multiple options. You can sign now choose Reliant Energy in Dallas and TXU in Houston.
TXU provides power to about 2 million customers in Texas, whether it’s residential or commercial. The company prides itself on being the “No. 1 choice for electricity in Texas.”
According to TXU’s website, the company strengths are the following:
• Power with a straightforward pricing that you can depend on
• A broad selection of plans to fit your Texas home and business needs
• Features like cash back loyalty rewards, price protection, recurring payment and more
• Renewable energy options that support Texas Wind farms
• Energy-saving products to help you manage and reduce your bills
• Innovative budgeting and account management tools
• Bill Payment assistant programs to help those in need
• 24/7 dependable customer service
Regardless of where you live in Texas, TXU may or may not be the best option for you, and again, thanks to deregulation, the electricity companies are competing for your business, and Reliant Energy might also be your best option.
Reliant Energy provides energy to more than 1.5 million customers, bringing power large businesses or residential homes. The company is backed by NRG Energy.
According to Reliant’s website, its strengths include the following:
• Rely on Reliant to offer a range of plans and options to fit your needs
• Easy-to-use tools and info to help manage energy use
• Best-in-class customer service
• Innovative energy solutions-smart energy, renewable wind energy, electric vehicles
• Deep community involvement
Your choices more than likely include these two providers, but you’re limited to these two.
If you’re living in a deregulated area in Texas, you can compare multiple rates and providers by typing your zip code into our compare box to shop and compare the top rates before signing up with whichever one works best for you.
Once you do this, if you have any further questions, comments or concerns, please feel free to give us a call anytime at 1-800-971-4020 and one of our expert energy consultants will be more than happy to help you out with all of your electricity needs.